Detailed Information of the Event
The Battleground Games is a great opportunity for everyone to get outside and play 8 different backyard games while competing against 96 teams to win cash prizes. The first part of the day will consist of an organized 8-round tournament where you will play each game against a different team. After each game, you will report your score to the Station Master and the overall standings will be available on the TV and online. After you have played each game (8 rounds), all scores will be updated and the top 32 teams move on to a single-elimination tournament to determine the champion. If you are not one of the top 32 teams, no worries, you can hang around and enjoy the music, food and drinks and play games all day! Detailed information is listed below for the Top 32 Team - Single-Elimination Playoff Tournament.
Detailed Layout of the Battleground Games:
Schedule for the Day:
- 8:00 AM - Players/Teams Arrive & Check In
After parking, head straight to the Registration Table to check-in and get your T-shirt and Team #.
- 9:00 AM - Welcome Message, Rules and Days Events
We will go over the days events and flow of the day. All necessary information to ensure everyone has a fun day!
- 9:30 AM - Game Rules, Play & Practice
Head out to any game station to understand the rules and practice so you are ready to go for the tournament.
- 10:00 AM - Games Begin - Games 1-4
Here you play 4 different games against 4 different teams. There will be a 15-minute time limit on each game. After each game, you report your score to the Station Master. Updated standings will be available on the big screen TV at the Scorers Table and online.
- 11:45 AM - Lunch (Multiple breaks throughout the day)
Food and drinks provided by Miller's Ale House and West Hampton Beach Brewing Co. There are quick breaks throughout the day to check the updated standings/scores or grab a bite and/or drink.
- 12:00 PM - Games Continue - Games 5-8
Get back out there an play the remaining 4 games against 4 different teams. There will be a 15-minute time limit on each game. All scores are reported to Station Master.
- 2:00 PM - Playoff Setup (Top 32 Teams)
We will announce the top 32 teams and setup the Single-Elimination Playoff Tournament which will consists of multiple rounds. The first round will be a best-of-3-game matchup where Team1 will pick their game of choice, Team2 will pick their game of choice and third game is random spin. All future rounds will be a random 1-game match-off between teams. The brackets will be as follows: 32 teams > 16 teams > 8 teams > 4 teams > 2 teams > Champion.
- 4:30 PM - Championship Game
Stick around to watch the final game which is randomly picked and Champion Team wins $1,000! Also, there will be many other outdoor games on the side to play.
- 5:00 PM - Awards & Close
Show me the MONEY!...Prizes are: 1st place - $1,000; 2nd place - $400; 3rd place - $200; 4th place - $80
- Rain or shine event. In the event the park closes, a new event date will be chosen. If you are unable to attend that new date, a full refund will be given.
- 48 hour cancellation policy. $10 administration fee.
- All minors must register with an adult to be eligible to play in Battleground Games.
- All registrants must arrive no later than 9:30AM or BGG reserves the right to sell their spots.
- Team attire is encouraged, but nothing offensive please.
- This is a friendly competition, intended to encourage teamwork and camaraderie so leave the attitudes at home and bring your best!